In this podcast Scott Nicolay talks about the connection between weird fiction and noir, first experiences with stories, the forthcoming anthology from April Moon Books, Monsters, Rebuilt, and much more.
About Scott Nicolay
Scott Nicolay writes weird fiction and hosts The Outer Dark, winner of the This Is Horror Podcast of the Year 2015. Scott won the 2015 World Fantasy Award for Best Short Fiction, and is the author of Ana Kai Tangata: Tales of the Outer the Other the Damned and the Doomed. His second collection of stories, And at My Back I Always Hear, is due for release in 2017.
- [04:00] Interview start
- [04:40] First experiences with story
- [13:05] Using experiences and people within fiction
- [14:10] First story wrote
- [29:50] The Cthulhu Inside Me
- [34:55] Lok’aa’ Ch’egai Mountain Poems: Poems from a Sheepherder’s Journal/Monsters, Rebuilt anthology
- [38:45] Early publishing lessons
- [53:30] Aliens
- [01:00:15] Jake Marley, via Patreon, asks about length of stories and pre-writing planning
The ‘famous’ Nintendo Game
Note the original mailing date of 2003 (upper right) returned in 2015 (bottom).
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey