In this podcast Ellen Datlow talks about the golden age of horror, the best horror of the year and much more.
About Ellen Datlow
Ellen Datlow has been editing science fiction, fantasy, and horror short fiction for over thirty years as fiction editor of OMNI Magazine and editor of Event Horizon and SCIFICTION. She currently acquires short fiction for Tor.com. In addition, she has edited more than sixty science fiction, fantasy, and horror anthologies, including the annual The Best Horror of the Year, Lovecraft’s Monsters, Fearful Symmetries, Nightmare Carnival, The Cutting Room, The Doll Collection and The Monstrous.
- [01:00] Interview start/diversity concerns
- [04:55] Horror’s in a golden age
- [10:25] Putting out the first ‘best of’
- [20:30] Most work on the best of the year, least pay
- [23:50] The distinction between a good and great story
- [36:00] Reading novels
- [39:50] Upcoming projects
- [44:55] Connect with Ellen
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
- Buy Ellen Datlow books (UK)
- Buy Ellen Datlow books (US)
- SF Editors Picks Facebook
- SF Editors Picks Twitter
- Reader Con 2015: Bad Influences
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey