In this podcast Paul Tremblay talks about the horror of consequence, A Head Full of Ghosts, short stories, basketball and much more.
About Paul Tremblay
Paul Tremblay is the author of A Head Full of Ghosts, The Little Sleep, No Sleep till Wonderland, Swallowing a Donkey’s Eye, and Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn’t Fly (co-written with Stephen Graham Jones). He is also the author of the short story collection In the Mean Time, has co-edited four anthologies and is currently on the Board of Directors for the Shirley Jackson Awards.
- [01:15] Stephen Graham Jones references and co-writing
- [10:20] Two-book deal
- [12:45] Short stories
- [23:38] The horror of consequence
- [26:15] Reinventing classic horror tropes and monsters
- [27:20] Basketball/ Paul Tremblay issues an open challenge to other writers
- [32:20] Productivity hacks
- [41:40] Movie references
- [44:00] Intimidating writers
- [44:45] Morning routines and rituals
- [46:00] New up-and-coming writers
- [47:45] Connect with Paul
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey