In this podcast we interview Simon Bestwick, author of The Faceless. We talk about Simon’s Black Mountain serial from Spectral Press, the writing process, comedy and horror, and Joel Lane.
Apologies for the audio issues. No apologies for Simon’s strong Northern accent.
[02:37] Interview start
[03:06] Black Mountain
[05:35] Writing as the character ‘Simon Bestwick’
[11:20] Writing about what you know VS what you don’t
[14:00] The Moraine
[30:00] Joel Lane
[36:40] Comedy in horror
[47:10] The format of Black Mountain
[59:40] Forthcoming releases
[01:01:25] Writing full-time VS part-time
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Resources and recommendations
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey