In this podcast we talk to the award-winning author Ray Cluley about his forthcoming This Is Horror release, Water For Drowning, the award-winning ‘Shark! Shark!’, the short story form, mermaids and much more.
[00:46] Ray Cluley biography
[03:27] Water For Drowning
[06:00] Dan asks the important Mermaid questions
[10:45] Short stories
[16:40] Different markets and genres
[24:35] Writing full-time
[29:05] Moving to a Greek Island
[31:45] What makes for a good short story
[34:44] New story from Spectral Press
[44:20] Sending stories to new homes
[51:15] Favourite stories read this year
[01:02:00] The joy of writing
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Resources and recommendations
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey