This evening we will be showcasing what promises to be an incredible evening of horror with none other than Sam Stone, David Moody, John L Probert and Jasper Bark. The event takes place at The Electric Cinema in Birmingham which is just a short walk away from Birmingham New Street train station.
Please order your tickets for This Is Horror Live, directly from the Shock and Gore website.
Birmingham author David Moody wrote the Hater and Autumn books, the latter of which he published online. The book became a sensation, eventually being downloaded by half a million readers and spawning a series of sequels and a 2009 movie starring Dexter Fletcher and David Carradine, while film rights to the Hater series have been snapped up by director Guillermo del Toro.
- Read our review of Hater by David Moody
- Read our interview with David Moody
- Buy Joe & Me by David Moody
John Llewellyn Probert is the author of the award-winning Amicus-style portmanteau short story collection The Faculty of Terror and its follow up The Catacombs of Fear (both available from Gray Friar Press). His latest collection is Wicked Delights from Atomic Fez.
- Read our interview with John Llewellyn Probert
- Read John Llewellyn Probert’s column, The Bloodstained Balcony
Award winning author Sam Stone’s first novel won the Silver Award for Best Horror Novel in ForeWord Magazine’s book of the year awards in 2007. In September 2008, the novel was re-edited and republished by The House of Murky Depths as Killing Kiss. The sequels, Futile Flame and Demon Dance, went on to become finalists in the same awards, and both novels were later shortlisted for The British Fantasy Society Awards.
Jasper Bark is an award-winning author, novelist and scriptwriter specialising in comics and graphic novels. His stage presence is second to none as viewers fortunate enough to attend our live events will attest to.
- Read our review of Way of the Barefoot Zombie by Jasper Bark
- Read Jasper Bark’s column, Injured Eyeballs
We hope that this has whet your appetite and we look forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Don’t forget to also check out other Shock & Gore events including, just before our literary feast – a screening of Stephen Volk’s Ghostwatch followed by a Q&A session with the man himself.
See you soon!
This Is Horror Books
The best way you can support This Is Horror is buy our books. Head on over to the This Is Horror Shop to see the books we have available. We have a special offer on All Four Year One Books – JUST £10!
You can buy our latest release, The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud direct from us right now. Each direct order includes eBooks in PDF, epub and mobi format.
Buy This Is Horror Books on Kindle!
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan (Buy on Amazon UK) (Buy on Amazon US.)