This Is Horror is proud to announce that Conrad Williams’ chapbook The Fox and Pat Cadigan’s Chalk have been shortlisted for the Best Short Story Award at this year’s British Fantasy Awards. This Is Horror is incredibly proud of the efforts of both of these writers and wish to offer them a very heartfelt congratulations on being shortlisted.
The Fox has been described as “taut, chilling and genuinely disturbing” by genre stalwart Graham Joyce.
Whereas the esteemed Ellen Datlow had this to say about Chalk. “Chalk shows Cadigan at her best – creating a memorable protagonist, perfectly depicting a working class American neighborhood, and throwing in a touch of magic that will chill your soul.”
The British Fantasy Awards will be presented at this year’s FantasyCon which will be held in York over the weekend of 5–7 September.
Whilst you wait for the results of the British Fantasy Awards why not head over to the This Is Horror shop and pick up your copy of these two fantastic and now award-nominated chapbooks.
Or if you prefer the eBook format you can pick up a copy of Chalk by Pat Cadigan from Amazon.
To check out the full shortlist and for further information please head over to the British Fantasy Society website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey