There is a period in cinema – roughly May to September – that is well known as the summer blockbuster season. This is the time of the year that studios vie for release dates against other studios to unleash their tent-pole movie that will hopefully clean up at the box office and ensure a healthy profit margin that will appease their shareholders and ensure that the studio can stay afloat. The advertising and marketing budgets on these films alone dwarf the complete budgets for most films, drowning out newspapers, bus stops and advertising breaks on television with an unrelenting assault on the synapses that screams at us, telling us that we must go and see that film.
This Is Horror Books
The best way you can support This Is Horror is buy our books. Head on over to the This Is Horror Shop to see the books we have available. We have a special offer on All Four Year One Books – JUST £10!
You can buy our latest release, The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud direct from us right now. Each direct order includes eBooks in PDF, epub and mobi format.
Buy This Is Horror Books on Kindle!
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan (Buy on Amazon UK) (Buy on Amazon US.)