This June sees one of the classic zombie films make its bow on Blu-Ray. Dan O’Bannon’s cult 80’s masterpiece The Return of the Living Dead will be released as a special edition double DVD and as a steelbook packaged Blu-Ray. Both editions are crammed full of extra features that will gorehounds will really appreciate.
The extra features are as follows:
MORE BRAINS! A RETURN TO THE LIVING DEAD
The definitive two-hour documentary featuring interviews with cast, writers,
producers and many more, as well as previously unseen behind the scenes
footage, storyboards, conceptual art, publicity materials and archival
MORE BRAINS! TWO HOURS OF KILLER BONUS FEATURES
- A conversation with Dan O’Bannon: The Final Interview
- They Won’t Stay Dead: A Look at Return of The Living Dead Part 2
- A Love Beyond The Grave: A Look at Return of The Living Dead 3
- Stacey Q Live: Exclusive ‘Tonight’ music video
- Even More Brains: Deleted documentary interview
- Return of The Living Dead in three minutes
- Resurrected Settings: The Filming Locations Today
- The Origins of Return of The Living Dead – with John A. Russo
- The FX of The Living Dead – with production designer William Stout and FX make-up artists William Munns and Tony Gardner
- Party Time – with music consultant Steve Pross and 45 Grave singer Dinah Cancer
- [Exclusive to blu-ray] Steelbook, ‘Ernie’s Notepad’ – 20-page replica notebook by embalmer Ernie Kaltenbrunner, featuring production notes, carting information and exclusive artwork.
The double DVD will retail at £19.99 whereas the steelbook Blu-Ray will cost £22.99. Both are available on 4 June 2012.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey