When a beautiful ballerina, Adriana Mena, lands the lead role in the upcoming Nutcracker performance, she’s forced to face her demons as jealousy and tension begin to provoke the supernatural.
Why we’re looking forward to this: There’s nothing quite like a good giallo and so Fantasma, written and directed by Brett Mullen and Matt Cloude, which promises to pay homage to Dario Argento’s giallo classics Deep Red and Suspiria, while dishing out gore more akin to his fellow Italian Lucio Fulci, has us anticipating great things.
The trailer offers up some deliciously disturbing imagery, along with some beautiful locations, including an opera house that brings to mind another Argento film, and a soundtrack that Goblin would be proud of.
Check out the trailer here:
Fantasma is due to be released early next year.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.