When Peter Kleist (Antonio Cantafora) returns from medical school to his ancestral castle in Austria, he sets in motion a curse when he reads words from an ancient parchment, causing the resurrection of his ancestor, the sadistic madman Baron Otto von Kleist. Cursed by a witch to endure eternal pain and suffering, the Baron claws his way from his grave, his face and hands a tattered and bloody mess (courtesy of some nice makeup by Carlo Rambaldi) but with his hat and cloak still looking as new as if they’d just been taken from the prop department. Stopping off at a local doctor’s to stop the bleeding, the Baron slashes the medic and sets off on the rampage, with every intention of once again putting to good use the entire vault of elaborate torture devices he has back at his castle.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey