Our latest episode of Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing unboxes and analyses Rosemary’s Baby. You can get full access to the three-hour plus episodoe for $3 on Patreon, but perhaps you’re on the edge, here’s a forty-minute preview to give you a taster.
Here are the show notes for the full episode.
- [0:00] Introduction to Rosemary’s Baby
- [16:25] Scene-by-scene analysis
- [19:10] New York City setting
- [35:10] Terry
- [44:50] Terry’s death/introduction to the Castevets
- [58:25] Gaslighting/steak with the Castevets
- [01:18:00] Chocolate mousse
- [01:22:55] Dream sequence
- [01:49:00] Key events just before act three
- [01:54:00] Act three: the delivery
- [02:31:45] Patreon comments and questions. Travis Earl asks about omission of cabin scene
- [02:43:55] Real-life and art converging
- [02:50:40] Thomas Joyce comment plus obligatory off-topic Michael Caine deviation
- [03:02:20] Key takeaways