Too many to list. I’ll restrict myself to three from within the horror genre and two outsiders.
Within genre, Conrad Williams and Peter Straub, both of whom are consummate prose stylists, such that even the telephone directory would read better if they penned it, and I believe that I do have two titles by Williams in the ‘to be read’ pile at this very moment, one of them a This Is Horror chapbook. My third selection is Sarah Langan, who if she doesn’t quite have the prose chops of the other two, is a superb storyteller and one of the most exciting new talents to emerge in the genre in recent times.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey