Robert Lloyd Parry will be performing ‘The Ash Tree’ as M.R. James on 21 June at The Rosemary Branch Theatre. He will also be performing The Time Machine by H.G. Wells throughout the summer. For tickets and further details head over to the Nunkie Theatre website.
Grimm Up North plan for the future
Grimm Up North have announced that they will be premiering White Settlers, currently being filmed in the Lake District and starring Pollyanna McIntosh, on 6 October 2013. The film, directed by Simeon Halligan, features a suburban couple finding more than they bargained for when they try to start a new life in the country. Keep an eye on This Is Horror for further updates on this film as we have them.
Beware, for the Dark Man cometh!
The Dark Man is an 88 page poem that is considered a sequel to The Stand. It was written by Stephen King in 1969 when he was a student at the University of Maine. The hardcover version of the book will be released on 30 July and is available to pre-order from the Cemetery Dance website.
Elfie Hopkins makes TV bow
Elfie Hopkins starring Jaime Winstone premieres on Horror Channel on 27 June. Elfie Hopkins is a twisted tale of cannibalism and butchery starring Winstone in the role as the titular amateur detective. Horror Channel is available on Sky channel 319, Virgin channel 149 and FreeSat channel 138.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey