The cover for Stephen King’s follow up to The Shining, Doctor Sleep has now been revealed. The story follows Danny Torrance in adulthood following the events of the first book. The cat on the front cover was the inspiration for Doctor Sleep – the cat was featured in a news story that told how it would predict which elderly residents of a nursing home were about to die. The book is released on 24 September.
Mini Grimmfest announced
Grimm Up North have announced a Mini Grimmfest at Stockport Plaza: 6 films, 3 nights, 1 ticket. The films featured are Intruder and Slice & Dice on 26 March, Entity and I Didn’t Come Here To Die on 28 March and Scanners and The Brood on 4 April. There will also be Q&As with Entity director Steve Stone and producer/director of Slice & Dice, Calum Waddell. Tickets can be bought from the Grimm Up North website.
Telos Publishing expands
Telos Moonrise is the latest digital and POD imprint from Telos Publishing. The new range will compliment Telos’ existing non-fiction range and will delve deeply into a variety of genres including horror. Telos have also announced that Absinthe & Arsenic by Raven Dane will be available in September.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey