Grimmfest are delighted to announce a special screening of Robin Hardy’s 1973 classic film The Wicker Man as part of this year’s festival. The screening is to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the film being released and will feature a Q&A with Robin Hardy himself. The screening takes place on 2 October. For tickets, head over to the Grimmfest website.
A Tale of Shadows
Throne of Anguish have released a new horror concept album entitled A Tale of Shadows. The album is a dark ambient soundtrack and is available on Bandcamp with an iTunes and Amazon release forthcoming.
Monsters unleashed on London
Hellraiser star Nicholas Vince has written a new play called What Monsters Do which will hit the stage as part of London Horror Festival. The play is split into two 25 minute stories ‘Tunes from the Music Hall’ and ‘Green Eyes’. The play will run from 25 – 27 October at the Etcetera Theatre in Camden. Tickets are available from the Etcetera Theatre website and the London Horror Festival site.
Spectral Screen 1
Spectral Press have announced their new book The Christmas Ghost Stories of Lawrence Gordon Clark, which will be released in December. Featuring a foreword by Mark Gatiss and including a number of M.R. James stories, the book is sure to appeal to ghost story fans. The book can be pre-ordered on request at the Spectral website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey