A brand new British film and TV festival has been announced for August 2013. Fantastiq aims to bring the best in sci-fi, fantasy and horror film and TV together in one place. The festival will be held at the Derby Quad on 9-11 August 2013. Be sure to check back to This Is Horror for further details as they emerge.
Spectral Press marches on
Spectral Press have followed up from their collection of Christmas ghost stories, The 13 Ghosts of Christmas (be sure to check out The 13 Ghosts of Christmas review) with their latest chapbook The Way of the Leaves by David Tallerman. This story was the superb winner of the Spectral Press/This Is Horror competition earlier in the year. Simon Marshall-Jones has just released the fantastic artwork for this new edition. Be sure to check out the Spectral website and order your copy now before it is too late.
Mara hits DVD
Swedish horror film Mara, starring Swedish glamour model Angelica Jansson is released on DVD and VOD in the US and Canada in Spring 2013. This psychological chiller has made a splash in it’s native Sweden and the trailer is now online (see above).
Sleepworking comes to screens
Gavin Williams (co-author of Hush with Tim Lebbon) has announced that his new short film Sleepworking will premiere at Trieste S+F. The film explores the dark side effects of people that are programmed to work during their sleep. Williams has just released a trailer: Sleepworking trailer.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey