Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
New tribute anthology, C.H.U.D. Lives!, released through Crystal Lake Publishing 27 April
Set in the universe first imagined in the 1984 sci-fi horror film, C.H.U.D., this new anthology from Crystal Lake Publishing includes C.H.U.D. related stories from authors such as Jonathan Maberry, Mort Castle, Chad Lutzke and more besides. You can learn more about the anthology, including seeing the full table of contents here. Or if you want to pre-order your copy now, you can get it here.
Taking place from 19 – 22 April, the 25th anniversary edition of the Dead by Dawn International Horror Film Festival will bring the legendary director John Landis to Edinburgh. As well as showing some of his classic films, such as An American Werewolf in London, Landis will also be talking about some of his favourite horror movies. There will also be dozens of other screenings from all over the world, including UK and European premieres. For full listings and tickets, go to the Dead by Dawn website, here.
Jason Parent’s They Feed is the story of two different people who find themselves in a wood for similar reasons. Unfortunately for those people, they are not alone and the things that occupy those woods with them are alive, evil and hungry. For this new release, Sinister Grin Press have put together a nice cover reveal article, with the artist Zach McCain, where he runs through his process and even shows some of the earlier versions of the cover. You can read the article here and pre-order your copy of the book here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey