Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Aaron Dries’ House of Sighs rereleased by Crystal Lake Publishing with exclusive bonus novella The Sound of his Bones Breaking
Award-winning novel House of Sighs, by Aaron dries has been out of print for some time. Now, through Crystal Lake Publishing, the novel is once again available and now comes with an exclusive sequel novella, The Sound of his Bones Breaking. Described as reading “like a sick and twisted extreme horror Speed,” this is one we should all be looking out for on 11 May. Pre-order your copy here.
80s extreme horror classic Xtro to be released on Blu-ray for the first time
Xtro, the alien exploitation horror classic from the 1980s heyday of video nasties, is to receive its first ever Blu-ray release, in a limited edition box set with trailers, alternative endings, documentaries and enhanced resolution so that the horror can be relived as never before. Xtro‘s limited edition release will be available from 18 June and you can pre-order yours, here.
From Stephen Stromp, author of In The Graveyard Antemortem, comes Where the Cats Will Not Follow, a novel which has received high praise from Dread Central, Horror Talk and others. Released through Amazon’s Kindle Press imprint, the novel focuses on a young man coming-of-age against the backdrop of his struggle to understand whether he really does possess the ability to read minds, or if it is simply mental illness. The book is part fantasy part horror and part surrealism and refuses to sit comfortably in any of those boxes, instead straddling multiple genres. You can get hold of your copy, here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey