Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
New short story collection, Darker Days, by Kenneth W. Cain coming 7 December from Crystal Lake Publishing
Featuring twenty-six tales of dark fiction, comes the new collection, Darker Days, by Kenneth W. Cain. Featuring dark themes first inspired by the likes of The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone and more besides, Cain releases this follow up to his previous collection Embers, which garnered glowing reviews. This collection is available for pre-order right now, here.
Published by Strange House Books and inspired by the horrifying crimes of H. H. Holmes, famed for his gruesome killings in his ‘murder castle,’ The Devil’s Dreamland is a new collection of darkly chilling poetry from Sara Tantlinger (Love for Slaughter). Weaving together facts and some creative speculation about the misdeeds of the infamous Holmes, Tantlinger’s collection has been described as a “morbidly creative and profound crime documentary” by Bram Stoker Award winner Michael Arnzen. The book was released on 20 November and you can pick up your copy here.
New from Unnerving and author Theresa Braun comes the new novel, Fountain Dead
Released on 20 November, from acclaimed horror author Theresa Braun (Dead Over Heels), comes Fountain Dead a new horror novel under the Unnerving imprint. The story sees Mark move with his family from his home in the twin cities to a Victorian in Nowhere-ville. Strange occurrences begin to happen around the old house, growing in intensity until the past and present seem to be coming together. Fountain Dead is available now, here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey