The trailer for the forthcoming adaptation of Joe Hill’s novel Horns has been released. The film, starring Daniel Radcliffe will be released on Halloween.
Shirley Jackson Award winners announced
The winners of the Shirley Jackson Award winners were announced on 13 July. With nominees including Ramsey Campbell and Conrad Williams, the quality of the nominees in all categories was extremely high. Congratulations to Nathan Ballingrud, author of the forthcoming This Is Horror novella The Visible Filth, who picked up the award for Best Single-Author Collection for North American Lake Monsters. A full list of the winners can be found at the Shirley Jackson Awards website.
Spectral Press unleash the horrors
The cover for The Spectral Book of Horrors edited by Mark Morris has been released. The fantastic artwork was supplied by Vincent Chong. The book will feature stories by Alison Littlewood, Gary McMahon and Steve Rasnic Tem among many others. The book can be pre-ordered at the Spectral Press website.
FrightFest short film line-up revealed
FrightFest will be screening a record twenty short films at this year’s event on Bank Holiday weekend in August. Among this year’s offerings are Selkie starring Horror Channel’s Emily Booth and the world premiere of Show Pieces – three tales of terror from legendary writer Alan Moore. For the full list of films visit the FrightFest website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey