Anachron Press have announced that the Colin F Barnes edited anthology Urban Occult is now available to pre-order from the Anachron Press website. The book costs £9.99 and features stories from Gary McMahon, Gary Fry and Adam Millard amongst others.
Scanners arrives on Blu-Ray
David Cronenberg’s iconic film Scanners has finally been given a Blu-ray release date of 8 April. As well as a limited edition steelbook case it also has a number of extra features including an interview with special effects guru Stephen Dupuis and leading man Stephen Lack. Scanners II and III are also available as single release Blu-rays on this date.
Barry Levinson talks real-life horror
The Bay is a new film from Barry Levinson that features the real-life horror of isopods. The Academy Award winning director’s new film is set in a coastal town in Maryland and features a vile plague breaking out after the 4 July celebrations. Check out what Barry has to say about it over at Cult Labs.
Gideon’s Angel launch
Solaris and Abaddon Books now have a YouTube channel which has opened with a clip from the recent book launch for Gideon’s Angel in Blackwell’s, London. Check out the footage above (last time we saw a book launch at Blackwell’s Jasper Bark sent Joseph D’Lacey through a display, Clifford Beal’s launch was much more civilised).
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey