Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
The Horror Channel Frightfest announces short film selection
With the festival now just around the corner, The Horror Channel Frightfest have announced a collosal line-up of twenty-six short films which will be shown at this year’s festival. With highlights including Blood Shed (above) starring Sally Phillips and Shaun Dooley, as well as Judgement, Teddy Bear’s Picnic and more besides. You can find the full program, ticketing info and much more at the official website, here.
The Exorcist comes to the West End stage
After a successful run in other parts of the UK over the last year, The Exorcist will begin a limited run at The Phoenix Theatre, London, from 20 October 2017 until 11 August 2018. Directed by Sean Matthias, the production has received critical acclaim, owing to the effected used to bring William Peter Blatty’s original story to life on stage. Ticketing information is available at the theatre’s website, here.
Twenty-fifth anniversary screening of Ghostwatch with live Q&A coming London and Manchester
Twenty-five years after the BBC’s original Ghostwatch program, the show will be screened this October at Manchester’s Gorilla and London’s Genesis Cinema, complete with a Q&A. Director of the original show, Lesley Manning, along with scriptwriter Stephen Volk and talent from the original mockumentary will be present to answer questions from the audience. For your chance to witness one of the seminal horror events of a generation, you can find ticketing information for Manchester here and the London event here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey