Grimm Up North are proud to present the Manchester premiere of Elijah Wood’s new film Maniac on 7 March as part of a double bill with the claustrophobic thriller 247°F, which will be making its full UK premiere. The first 40 people who pre-book 2 or more tickets will get a limited edition Maniac poster, a copy of Starburst Magazine and free entry to the after party at Fab Cafe. Tickets are £8 and are available from the Grimm Up North website.
Stoker Award Ballot
The final ballot for the Stoker Awards has been announced, featuring a number of familiar names such as Jack Ketchum, Joe McKinney and Jonathan Maberry amongst others. The full list of nominees can be found at the Horror Writer’s Association website.
Calling all aspiring filmmakers
Horror Channel in association with FrightFest and Movie Mogul are looking for short films made by UK filmmakers to enter their 666 Short Cuts to Hell competition. The film needs to fit the 666 criteria, it must have only 6 lines of dialogue, feature 6 members of crew and must cost less than £666 to make, amongst other criteria. If you think you can create something horrific within these constraints visit the Short Cuts to Hell website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey