We’ve spent the last week at Probert Towers watching Never Sleep Again, a quite remarkably exhaustive four-hour plus documentary on the Nightmare On Elm Street series of films and pretty much the last word on the subject. The team behind this have gathered together as many key personnel from each of these movies as they could, including Wes Craven and Robert Shaye, Robert Englund and Heather Langenkamp (who also narrates the entire thing) and many, many others. It’s a tremendous piece of work – illuminating, enjoyable and with the same sense of fun that most of the films had. All eight films are dealt with – ie, Parts I – V, Freddy’s Dead, New Nightmare and Freddy vs Jason. Yes, friends, you can relax as this disc is entirely Michael Bay remake free. For anyone who grew up watching this series it’s compulsive viewing, and the only reason it’s taken us so long to get through it is because we’ve stopped to watch a number of the films along the way, resulting in one of those pleasant nostalgia trips that I’ve felt the urge to share.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.