Every week we highlight to you the very best horror articles across the globe. This week, however, we’re doing things slightly differently, you see with Halloween around the corner we thought it might be nice to highlight 6 Must Read Halloween articles – well almost, actually there are 4 must read articles and 2 must see bonus videos. So, with that said, let’s get started!
This week on Must Read Halloween Horror Articles:
- Halloween with Mike Myers as Michael Myers
- The Cabin in the Woods: Best Horror Movie in a Decade?
- 3 Halloween Movies to Revisit Each Year
- 5 Favorite Friday The 13th Characters
- Thirteen Horror Anthologies You Might Have Missed
- Joss Whedon on Mitt Romney and the Zombie Apocalypse
If you want more useful links like the five we highlight every week, then please follow @ThisIsHorror on Twitter.
We’re kicking things off with a video and a rather tongue-in-cheek one at that. Thanks to Screen Junkies we can watch Mike Myers as Michael Myers in this fan-created mash-up. What do you think? Scariest Myers yet?
Over on Criminal Element, Angie Barry ways in with her thoughts as to whyThe Cabin in the Woodsmay just be the best horror movie in a decade. Bold claim, Angie, bold, bold claim…
If you have children that need a family friendly movie, perhaps one of Hack College’s recommendations will hit the spot?
Few horror franchises spell ‘Halloween’ quite as well as Friday The 13th (we can think of one that does though, clue’s in the name…). Horror stalwarts, Blood Disgusting, have compiled a list of their 5 favourite – or favorite as the US would have you believe – Friday The 13th characters.
Gregory Burkart provides a marvellous list of horror anthologies you may well have missed on FearNet.
It’s gone viral. Have you seen it? Check it out, what more needs to be said. Press play.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd. What have got to lose? I guess, nothing really, you could unsubscribe any time. I mean, technically you could just grab the free eBook and run. That'd be it. Easy. But don't do that. Stick around. You might like it here.