When I was around eighteen and studying creative writing at London Metropolitan, a friend of mine gave me a copy of Clive Barker’s Books of Blood, because he said there was a story in there that the film Candyman was based on (I’m a big horror film fan, Candyman being one of my favourites). That story, ‘The Forbidden’, was written in such a ridiculously elegant style that I became insanely jealous of Barker and wanted to write something really outstanding and inventive and creepy and weird and scary.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey