Yesterday we announced the winners of the This Is Horror Awards 2012. Joe Hill picked up awards for Comic of the Year – Locke and Key with Gabriel Rodriguez – and Short Fiction of the Year – In The Tall Grass with Stephen King.
A delighted Joe had this to say:
I’m terrifically happy to see In The Tall Grass and Locke & Key: Clockworks snag honors from This is Horror. I know my collaborators – my Dad and Gabriel Rodriguez – feel the same way. And, damn, are we in good company. With choices like Cabin in the Woods for film and The Weird for anthology, this is a list that marks what a great moment it is for lovers of dark fantasy and horror. The genre has never been more playful, more entertaining, or had so much to say about the fraught, dizzying times. The only thing more exciting than the last wave of stories is the next one about to crest.
Our thanks to Joe for his comments and excellent contribution to horror.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey