Grimmfest enters its fifth year and promises to showcase the best in horror, sci-fi and cult films, with a number of special guests thrown in along the way.
2 October is a preview night at the fabulous Plaza cinema in Stockport, which features a screening of The Wicker Man and a Q&A session with director Robin Hardy. There will be a screening of The Curse of Chucky, the reboot of the Child’s Play series.
The gala opening night of the festival proper will feature The Borderlands and Crazy For You, both films produced by Jennifer Handorf. Expect stars such as Arthur Darvill (Dr Who) to be in attendance.
Other festival highlights include a special screening of Hellraiser with the original cast in attendance, the English premiere of Southern shocker Jugface and the European premiere of Barbara Steele’s new film The Butterfly Room.
There will also be screenings of numerous short films including The Body, starring Alfie Allen (Game of Thrones), Dominic Brunt’s new film Shell Shocked and Samuel and Emily Vs The World.
Grimmfest has its own fringe festival featuring some left-field and challenging independent films such as House of a Thousand Eyes and To Jennifer.
Grimmfest 2013 is bigger and better than any of the previous, excellent events that have been staged. For your festival pass and exact details of the schedule, check out the Grimmfest website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey