What do you do when a film is successful? Remake it, of course. And when the remake does well? You release a sequel/rehash, throw in a new location and a brand new gang of asshole rapists, and Bob’s your mother’s brother. I Spit on Your Grave 2 is the unnecessary sequel to the 2010 remake. Kate is a model who gets more than just headshots when she visits a photographer and his buddies. In fact, she wakes up in Bulgaria where she is brutalised and buried alive. Of course, she survives the premature burial and seeks revenge, popping testicles left, right, and centre. As a revenge film, it does what it says on the tin, but it’s so mediocre and superfluous that it’s difficult to see why it was made in the first place.
Director: Stephen R. Monroe
Writers: Neil Elman, Thomas Fenton
Starring: Jemma Dallender, Yavor Baharov, Joe Absolom
Running time: 106 min
FrightFest Screening: 25 August 2013
If you enjoyed our review and want to watch I Spit On Your Grave 2 please consider clicking through to our Amazon Affiliate links. If you do you’ll help keep the This Is Horror ship afloat with some very welcome remuneration.
Buy I Spit On Your Grave 2 (UK)
Buy I Spit On Your Grave 2 (US)
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.