Alongside his work in comics, Al Ewing has in recent years built up an exciting and original body of prose fiction, most notably for Abaddon Books with novels like El Sombra, Gods Of Manhattan, Pax Omega, Death Got No Mercy and I, Zombie. He has displayed a skill for spinning familiar pulp tropes into shapes both hilarious and profound, whilst also providing bizarre invention and narrative ingenuity. Essentially, you never know quite what you’re going to get when you open an Al Ewing novel. Now, Solaris have published Ewing’s first non-franchise, creator-owned novel, The Fictional Man.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey