Former pinup model Ginny had been cast aside by the heartless and exploitative modelling industry. Ginny didn’t take rejection well and grew into a revenge-seeking, bloodthirsty, broken woman. When her new neighbours Debbie and Sal move in, Debbie begins to notice strange things going on—Sal believes she is mentally unstable, but Debbie becomes determined to figure out what secret life Ginny is leading.
Her new nosy neighbour throws a damper on Ginny’s private life: her cannibalistic addictions and ever-growing body count, and both women become determined to put an end to the other’s obsession.
Why we’re looking forward to this: Model Hunger has assembled a veritable who’s who of legendary horror talent, including director Debbie Rochon (Return to Nuke ‘Em High, Phobia), B-movie actresses Lynn Lowry (Shivers, The Crazies, Cat People) and Tiffany Shepis (Sharknado 2) and composer extraordinaire Henry Manfredini (The Friday the 13th franchise).
With talent like that assembled, chances are that we’re in for a good old fashioned B-movie in the vein of Blood Feast or any of the vastly enjoyable Troma pictures.
Model Hunger is out on DVD on 12 July 2016.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey