Cargo tells the story of a father who, stranded in rural Australia in the aftermath of a violent pandemic and infected himself, desperately seeks a new home for his infant child and a means to protect her from his own changing nature.
Why we’re looking forward to this: Though the zombie genre has arguably been flogged to within an inch of its (un)life in recent years, at This Is Horror we’re always interested in new spins on it and Cargo seems to be just that.
Based on a seven minute short film (which you can watch below) by directors Ben Howling and Yolanda Ramke, who are also helming this feature length version, Cargo is set to star Martin Freeman who is always worth watching these days, whether in Sherlock, The Hobbit or Captain America: Civil War and is set to be filmed in Australia.
With Freeman on board, and a fascinating and engagingly original premise offered up in the original short, Cargo could well turn out to be the shot in the arm (rather than head) that the zombie genre needs.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.