- Edgar Allan Poe and the Cult of the Unusual
- 20 facts about The Thing that might leave you suspiciously eyeing your dog
- The feature that dripped blood – Horror Anthologies
- Land of Shadow and Substance: Where Is Everybody?
- 5 films that actually deserve a remake
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Poe would have turned 204 last week – if we had somehow conquered immortality back in the 19th Century – and this article from Tor takes a look at his life and works.
John Carpenter’s claustrophobic creature-feature, The Thing, is one of the most adored films amongst horror fans, and this extensive list over at Pajiba.com offers twenty factoids about the cast, crew and filming of the 1982 classic.
With the UK release of V/H/S almost upon us, it’s clear that horror anthologies still have a market in the genre. IGN take a look at some of the most memorable portmanteaus, including those from the British production company, Amicus.
From its eerie theme music to Rod Serling’s wonderful narration and monologues, The Twilight Zone terrified a whole generation, and continued to do so with its re-emergence in 1985. Thomas Scopel at HorrorNews.net has gone back to the beginning, providing a retrospective look at the very first episode.
With Hollywood apparently out of ideas, the remake is a sure-fire way of gaining attention and introducing a new generation to tried-and-tested movies. In reality, it often only succeeds at annoying fans of the original material. Horror-movies.ca takes a look at five movies worthy of the remake treatment.
This Is Horror Books
The best way you can support This Is Horror is buy our books. Head on over to the This Is Horror Shop to see the books we have available. We have a special offer on All Four Year One Books – JUST £10!
You can buy our latest release, The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud direct from us right now. Each direct order includes eBooks in PDF, epub and mobi format.
Buy This Is Horror Books on Kindle!
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan (Buy on Amazon UK) (Buy on Amazon US.)