We’ve scoured the internet to bring you five articles from across the globe that every horror fan must-read. This brand new feature will highlight great content that can be found beyond the pages of This Is Horror, every single week.
This week on Must Read Horror Articles:
- In Development Hell, Nobody Can Hear You Scream – The Story Behind Alien 3
- Planet Without Death
- Thoughts on Horror and Other Matters Literary
- Nightbreed and Lord of Illusions might deserve a re-think
- Top Ten Father’s Day Horror Movies: Horrible Fathers
If you want more useful links like the five we highlight every week, then please follow @ThisIsHorror on Twitter.
Chris Holt gives horror fans the lowdown on Alien 3 at Starburst Magazine. David Fincher described its box office reception as the worst experience of his life.
Ed Karswell highlights another out of print 1950s comic from the golden days of pre-code horror over at his blog The Horrors of It All. This one is a pure schlock, sci fi shocker.
Peter Tennant, perhaps best known for his work with Black Static, provides his own thoughts in response Simon Marshall-Jones’ column on the current state of horror fiction.
With Father’s Day fast approach Horror-Movies.CA remind us of some of the most detestable fathers in horror with this top ten.
Michael Mitchell provides an interesting commentary on why he believes Nightbreed and Lord Of Illusions failed as movies and why we should watch them again with a different mindset. A great article from This Is Horror Award-winning magazine, Fangoria.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey