- Vulture have a quite astonishing list of horror highlights to watch out for in 2018
- The Verge have a list of genre fiction releases coming in 2018
- Paste Magazine offer up a definitive list of twenty great horror novels from the 80s
- Rue Morgue’s Michael Gingold summarises his favourite horror films of 2017
- Screen Anarchy catch up with Mayhem director Joe Lynch to talk about the horror of corporate life
Any of us who thought 2017 might have been a pinnacle year in terms of horror cinema are encouraged to think again, thanks to this list of exciting forthcoming features from Jordan Crucchiola of Vulture magazine. There are many here that you may have heard of on the grapevine, but also plenty that we would wager you have not.
The Verge’s Andrew Liptak takes a roll call of this year’s best fiction releases in the genres of Sci-fi, fantasy and horror, with a fair few of them straddling the space between two or more of those genres, as many authors are doing these days.
Steve Foxe of Paste Magazine trawls back through the 80s, a glorious age of the horror paperback, and comes back with some classic horror novels, waiting to be revisited.
As intimated above, 2017 was an outstanding year for horror movies. Rue Morgue have a complete list of the very best of last year’s releases, to make sure you didn’t miss a trick.
Eric Ortiz Garcia at Screen Anarchy catches up with Joe Lynch, the director of ultra-violent, office building killfest, Mayhem, to talk about horror movies and the very real horror of corporate life.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey