Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- The Guardian charts the decades-long relationship between heavy metal and horror
- Den of Geek explain why The Exorcist series is the best reboot since Hannibal
- Tor.com provide nine books which aren’t categorised as horror but which will scare the life out of you, regardless
- Mental Floss have forty facts about your favourite horror movies
- The British Film Institute highlight ten classic Italian horror masterpieces
The Guardian’s Jack Pudwell traces back to the original Black Sabbath movie and reveals the ever-present relationship between the heavy metal genre of music and horror movies.
Gabriel Bergmoser from Den of Geek provides a detailed look at the series adaptation of The Exorcist and offers up his view that it might just be the best horror reboot since Hannibal.
Tor.com provide nine books which aren’t categorised as horror but which will scare the life out of you, regardless
Featuring Cormac McCarthy’s The Road and eight other chilling works of fiction, Stubby the Rocket at tor.com invites you to check out nine books that will scare you to death, in spite of their not being categorised as horror.
A must for all horror trivia fans, Mental Floss’ list of forty fascinating facts about your favourite horror movies will tell you everything you never knew you wanted to know about a host of horror classics.
Chris Gallant at the British Film Institute tells of ten horror masterpieces from giants of Italian cinema. Including Mario Bava and Dario Argento, there are also a few lesser know names in there for horror aficionados to acquaint themselves with.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.