Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- Horror Movies: How Big Has Their Impact Really Been?
- The Lonesome Death of Pop Culture Icon Pinhead
- The Great Horror Debate with Jeff Burk and Robin Bougie
- Horror in Miniature: Five Terrifying Tabletop Experiences You Should Own
- You Beautiful Monster: The 20-Year Struggle to Make Clive Barker’s Nightbreed
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Flickering Myth looks at the impact horror movies have had over other mediums.
In this article, A.V. Club looks at the rise, rise, and fall of one of horror’s most infamous creations, Pinhead.
Jeff Burk and Robin Bougie discuss all things horror over at Dirge Magazine.
You’re never too old for board games, especially if you’re a fan of horror. Here are five tabletop terrors you should be playing, as listed by Brutal as Hell.
Our second Barker article of the week is from Tor, who take a look at the incredibly difficult transition of Nightbreed from page to screen.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey