Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- A Nightmare Of A Task: Writing The Elm Street Remake
- 10 Horror Films That Take Place Outdoors
- Why The Blair Witch Project Is An Important Movie
- Director Tommy Lee Wallace Interviewed About The Original It Miniseries
- Stranger Things Behind The Scenes
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Bloody Disgusting’s Trace Thurman talks to writer Eric Heisserer about the challenges and realities of rebooting a beloved and popular franchise.
With summer finally here it’s time to head off into the great outdoors, but take heed that terror isn’t confined to haunted houses and dark cellars, as Fangoria’s Lexi Harrington points out.
With news breaking that there’s finally a worthy sequel to the film that kick-started the found footage genre, in the shape of the upcoming Blair Witch movie, Bloody Disgusting’s Jonathan Barkan explains why the original is such an important film.
The It remake is moving ahead at quite a pace now, with footage of the new Pennywise having been recently released, so it’s the perfect opportunity to float back in time to hear director Tommy Lee Wallace’s thoughts on the original miniseries when he was interviewed by Shock Till You Drop’s Lee Gambin.
New Netflix series Stranger Things has been the talk of the town for the last few weeks. Empire’s Emma Thrower talks to creators the Duffer Brothers about the show and its origins.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.