Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week. So, without further ado:
- The Value of Nightmares: How The Academy Awards Continue to Ignore Horror
- Last Year’s Horror Cornucopia: Suffering in Style
- An Appreciation of Claymation Horror Expert Lee Hardcastle
- A Bloody Good Time: ABGT Face-Off: Troma vs Full Moon
- The Scariest Television Episodes Ever
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
In this article, Fangoria looks at how horror continues to struggle to gain credence with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Eve Tushnet of First Things explains how 2015 was one of the best years in recent horror, thanks to films such as The Babadook, It Follows, and Starry Eyes.
Leeds Claymation legend, Lee Hardcastle, has been around for w few years now, and he’s finally starting to reap the rewards for all his hard work (seriously, if you’ve ever worked with stop-motion animation, you’ll know how arduous it is). Here is a little background on Lee, and what the future holds for him, thanks to Inverse.
Two low-budget horror production companies, five rounds, only one winner. A Bloody Good Time pits Troma against Full Moon.
HammerFilms compiles a decent list of terrifying TV episodes, from Black Mirror to The X Files.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey