Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- More Vomit Than the Exorcist: Such a Good Baby
- Indie Publishing is the New B-Movies and Here’s Why That’s a Good Thing
- The HELLRAISER II Surgeon Scene and the Weird Mystique of “Lost” Footage
- The 11 Best Fake Horror Movie Rock Bands
- Doctor Who & Horror: How Much is Too Much?
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Tor takes a good, hard look at the work of Ruby Jean Jensen, whose child-focused horror novels, such as Such a Good Baby and Hear the Children Cry, were the perfect advertisement for condoms.
On behalf of Cemetery Dance Magazine, Adam Cesare explains how indie publishing is the new B-movies, and why that is such a good thing.
With the sudden reappearance of the mythical surgeon scene from Hellraiser II: Hellbound—did we film it? Did it really happen? I don’t remember cameras there!—Shock Till You Drop investigates other missing footage from horror films.
We all know that metal and horror goes together like peanut butter and jam, Posh and Becks, copy and paste, but which fake horror movie rock bands are the best (I hear at least one of you ask)? Blumhouse has got you covered.
Doctor Who has been known, over the decades, to put the shits up even the most hardened horror fan, but how much is too much for a show whose audience includes children and grannies? Doctor Who Watch investigates.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.