Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Dissecting Kevin Bacon!
- What’s The Worst That Could Happen (To Your Body)?
- A Profound Look At Dario Argento’s Deep Red
- Inside Alien’s Chestburster Scene
- A Return To Stephen King’s Pet Semetary
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Arrow In The Head scribe Jake Dee takes a look at the long and varied career of genre favourite Kevin Bacon. Bonus points if you can get from one to the other in less than six degrees.
David Cronenberg is arguably the king of body horror, and there’s not much that he hasn’t put the human body through, but just in case you were wondering what else could be done to these sacks of meat we walk around in, Trace Thurman at Bloody Disgusting has compiled a handy list.
This Is Horror readers will need no introduction to Deep Red, or Profundo Rosso to give it its rightful title, and will no doubt enjoy Starburst’s John Townsend’s deep look at it.
Arguably one of the most shocking scenes in horror film history, Alien Art Director Roger Christian takes a look back at how that iconic scene came together.
Richard Chizmar has undertaken to re-read all of King’s work and write essays along the way. He’s just reached one of King’s most horrifying books, Pet Semetary, and offers up his usual informative and entertaining thoughts.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.