Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Indiewire looks at the top 20 foreign language horror movies of the 21st Century
- Gizmodo’s IO9 team offer up 10 obscure cult horror movies that horror connoisseurs should be familiar with
- Seven autumnal book recommendations from Daily Dead to inform your Halloween reading
- Mario Bava’s Black Sabbath features in a retrospective article over on Dread Central
- Rely on Horror catch up with The Evil Within 2′s art director, John Johanas, to discuss the aesthetic of the hotly anticipated survival horror game
Indiewire’s eagle-eyed team of Michael Nordine, Chris O’Falt, Eric Kohn, Jamie Righetti, William Earl, Zack Sharf, Anne Thompson, Kate Erbland and David Ehrlich have compiled a list of twenty outstanding foreign language horrors released since the start of the century for those keen to see what the world beyond anglophone countries has to offer.
Gizmodo’s IO9 team offer up 10 obscure cult horror movies that horror connoisseurs should be familiar with
IO9’s Cheryl Eddy goes digging deep into the obscure horror archive and comes up with ten movies that, despite their obscurity, have a well-merited cult following. Some great material to become familiar with before Halloween.
Ben Larned over at Daily Dead has compiled a list of horror classics set in the autumn so you can kick back, put your feet up and scare the living daylights out of yourself between now and Halloween.
David Baker of Dread Central takes a look at the 1960s horror classic which is know to have influenced such fine directors of our age as Quentin Tarantino, Francis Ford Coppola and Tim Burton. Mario Bava’s classic horror, featuring the genre icon Boris Karloff is unpacked in detail. Well worth a read.
Rely on Horror catch up with The Evil Within 2’s art director, John Johanas, to discuss the aesthetic of the hotly anticipated survival horror game
With the release of the long-awaited sequel to The Evil Within just around the corner, Rely on Horror caught up with John Johanas, the game’s art director, to discuss the aesthetic aspects of the new game and how it adds to the frights in-store for gamers.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.