Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- Joe Hill Calls Bullshit on the Crazy Artist Cliché
- Zombie Apocalypse from Now On
- The Awesomely Twisted Films of Frank Henenlotter
- 80s Action Movies, Slasher Films, and their Parallels
- Forgotten Bestsellers: Burnt Offerings
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Joe Hill (Horns, The Fireman) talks about writing, why he chose a pseudonym, and how he lost his mind over at Buzzfeed.
This article over at Spiked looks at the increasing popularity of zombies, and what the future holds for the undead.
Blumhouse explores the films of Frank Henenlotter, whose works include Basket Case, Brain Damage, and Frankenhooker.
In this article, Den of Geek looks at the parallels between Jason Voorhees and John Rambo.
Tor looks at Robert Marasco’s forgotten bestseller, Burnt Offerings.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey