Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- Where to Start with the Works of Peter Straub
- Revisiting Danse Macabre by Richard Chizmar
- The State of Horror Video Games in 2015
- HP Lovecraft and HR Giger: How Their Dreams Became Our Nightmares
- When Italy Remade Aliens and Called it Terminator 2
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
This article from Tor takes a jolly good look at the works of Peter Straub, and where to start if you’re new to the author.
Over at Stephen King Revisited, Richard Chizmar returns to Danse Macabre.
IGN talks to four developers about the current state of horror videogames.
This fascinating piece from Lovecraft eZine looks at the work of two horror legends and how their creations have affected us.
Den of Geek investigates the shameless rip-off, Shocking Dark, an amalgamation of Aliens and Terminator that can be described by simply taking the first word from its title and italicising.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.