Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- Weekly 5: Five Things to Read Before The Scarlet Gospels
- Horror and the Sad Reality of Gender Discrimination
- The 15 Best Japanese Horror Movies of All Time
- Silent Hills vs The Evil Within 2 – The Future of Survival Horror!
- Toys of Terror #39
This year sees the highly-anticipated release of The Scarlet Gospels, in which Clive Barker pits together two of his greatest characters, occult detective Harry D’Amour and The Pope of Hell, Pinhead. To prepare you for the battle, CliveBarkercast have come up with five things you should read beforehand.
Misogyny recently reared its ugly head once again as a bunch of idiots took to the message board over at Ain’t it Cool News to crack sexist jokes – in an attempt to look all manly, of course – about forthcoming all-female-helmed horror anthology, XX. This article from Dread Central looks into it.
Perhaps best known for its J-horror of the last two decades (Ju-On, Ringu, Tomie) Japan has been making great horror since horror became a thing. Here, according to Taste of Cinema, are fifteen of the best Japanese horror movies of all time.
One for the gamers now as Moviepilot looks at the future of survival horror, in the form of Silent Hills and The Evil Within 2.
Fangoria’s Toys of Terror continues, this week looking at a whole heap of drinkware, including a Cthulhu Tiki Mug and a Sweeney Todd hip flask.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey