Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- Revisiting Different Seasons by Richard Chizmar
- More than just a Leatherface
- Unsweet Dreams: The Ghost Stories of EF Benson
- Ten Horror Podcasts you Should be Listening to Right Now
- Can’t Look Away: The Evolution of Modern First-Person Horror
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Over at Stephen King Revisited, Richard Chizmar looks back at Different Seasons.
Tributes have been paid across the internet this week following the sad and untimely death of Gunnar Hansen, the actor whose portrayal of Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) terrified a generation. This one is from Going Coastal.
The Weekly Standard looks at the many ghost stories of EF Benson.
Horror truly is a multimedia genre, and when it comes to podcasts we are spoilt for choice. Thanks to Blumhouse, here are ten horror podcasts which are worthy of your time.
One for the gamers now as Game Informer traces the evolution of modern first-person horror.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey