Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- In Which We Answer Who, What, Where, and Why
- The Flying Eyes: They Fly, They Drip, And They Hate America
- Trapped on Tape: 10 Great Horror Movies that are Only on VHS
- ‘Creep’ and the Horror of the Subtle Psychopath
- Digital Nightmares: How Tech-Horror Became Russian Film’s Favourite New Genre
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Brian Keene’s new column over at Cemetery Dance Magazine… what? You need more than that? Okay, Brian Keene talks about stuff here… go… for fuck’s sake!
Tor takes a look back at J Hunter Holly’s The Flying Eyes, a novel about eyes that fly.
Your mom having sex with your uncle… is probably just one tape which is available on VHS (I’ve seen it, and it’s not as sexy as it sounds at all) but here, thanks to Blumhouse, are ten more horror movies available only on cassette tape.
We all know one. Mental, they are, but it’s best not to piss them off, lest you wake up with a a pair of genitals on your pillow. I’m talking, of course, about nutcases and psychopaths. Here, Bloody Disgusting takes a look at the subtle psycho.
In this article, that well-known newspaper, The Calvert Journal, looks at Russia’s new favourite horror genre, Tech-Horror.
If you enjoyed this article, the new novel from Adam Millard, The Bad Game, is out now. Please consider clicking through to our Amazon Affiliate links. If you do you’ll help keep the This Is Horror ship afloat with some very welcome remuneration.Buy The Bad Game by Adam Millard
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey