Welcome, once again, to Must Read Horror. You want great horror articles? This is the place to find the best the web has to offer. This week:
- Bugging Out: Five of the Greatest Killer Bug Flicks
- From Carrie to The Shining: A History of Stephen King Film Adaptations
- Toys of Terror #11
- The Origins of Slenderman
- The 30 Best Non-English Language Horror Films of the Past 25 Years
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
To some people, insects are creepier than Jason Voorhees holding a lament-configuration box. Horror filmmakers know this, and often use insects to freak us the hell out. This article from Dread Central picks five of the best killer bug flicks.
Films based on the work of Stephen King are like wars; they happen frequently and are very seldom much fun to watch, although occasionally there will be a gem (The Shawshank Redemption, The Shining, Pet Sematary). Horrormovies.ca takes a look at the Stephen King stories that made the leap from screen to page.
Fangoria’s Toys of Terror continues with a look at McFarlane Toys’ Wishmaster figure, Diamond Select’s 7” Grandpa Munster, and Neca’s Cult Classic Sebastian “The King” Haff.
Yet another stabbing in America has been attributed to the mythical Slenderman, but who is he, where did he come from, and why is he making people kill other people? Even Cthulhu gets an airing in this article from BBC News Magazine.
This article from Taste of Cinema looks at thirty of the best non-English language horror films of the past 25 years, but you probably got that from the title.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey