Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- MIND MELD: Name Your Favorite Apocalypse or Dystopia!
- Tales from the Video Store: The [R]ite of Passage
- The Wonderfully Horrific World of Female Horror Writers
- 17 Moments of Movie Terror in the Bathroom
- From ‘Saw’ to Berlin: The Bloody Odyssey of Darren Lynn Bousman
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Zombies, pandemics, solar flares, alien invasions, natural disasters, Kanye West’s head stealing the moon from its orbit, what is your preferred way for the world to end? That’s exactly what SF Signal asks a whole panel of special guests.
In this article over at Fangoria, Ken W. Hanley’s fascinating column continues, this time looking at one of the greatest moments in a young horror fan’s life. The hiring of that first R-Rated movie.
February is, of course, Women in Horror Month, and this article from Martyyoung.com looks at some of the greatest female horror writers to have ever picked up a pen, and includes an expansive recommended reading list.
As humans, we are never more vulnerable than when we’re asleep or on the toilet. Fall asleep on the toilet and you’re just asking for trouble. In this article, Den of Geek looks at seventeen moments of horror which occur in the holiest of places: the bathroom.
The Hollywood Reporter looks at the films of Darren Lynn Bousman (The Devil’s Carnival, Repo: The Genetic Opera, Saw II, III, and IV).
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey